Saturday, June 10, 2006

“The times, they are a-changin’”

To quote Bob Dylan, “the times they are a-changin’”. I have recently learned that plans have been made to put the board meeting materials, commonly known as board packets, on Racine Unified’s website. I was informed that June 26th is the tentative date for this to happen. Now, I am not exactly sure if my constant badgering, letters to the editor or musings on this blog have anything to do with the decision to post the meeting documents online, but I’d like to think I had something to do with it.

Being able to view the same information that the 9 board members have might help explain many of the decisions they make. It appears that RUSD is finally trying to reach out to the community. Let’s hope this new era of openness continues.

No comments: