Friday, December 15, 2006

Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men…

I was having a Scroogey kind of day today. First my husband decided TODAY was the day he was going to TRY to find his Christmas spirit. Amidst the plethora of unhung Christmas decorations littering my house, and obnoxious jazz Christmas carols blaring in the background (which he doesn’t even like), I escaped to do some tedious errands. First trip, the grocery store – guaranteed to make my foul mood even worse. Soon after I returned home (which now looks like Christmas Town threw up) I received a phone call from my mom asking if I knew where my cell phone was.

It turns out somehow I had lost my phone at Pick N Save, whoever found it turned it in to the service desk, and they went through my address book in the phone trying to locate the rightful owner. My faith in humanity is restored with this simple act of kindness. Hopefully my newfound warm and fuzzy feeling will still be around even after my husband is done decorating our home for the holidays, but I am not counting on it….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to know that someone went out of their way to return the phone. The same thing happened to a friend of mine recently. He lost it aT Evelyn's Bar and it was returned to him. Denis.