Sunday, October 08, 2006

Forget the BHAG

Tomorrow evening, the RUSD board and administration will be holding a study session – the topic will be the district’s BHAG. For those not familiar with the RUSD lexicon, BHAG stands for Big Hairy Audacious Goal. While I applaud their efforts at setting goals for our district, I am fearful that any goals they may set Monday evening will not be attainable. Therefore, I respectfully suggest that they change the meeting to discuss what I like to call SHAG – Small Hairless Attainable Goals.

In order to help jumpstart the discussion I suggest one of the following:

SHAG #1 – Have more retreats with the Aspen Group. While our district leaders have exhausted how they feel about trees, the topics of rocks and dirt have yet to be explored.

SHAG #2 – Hire more consultants to “clear the path of any obstacles that may impede progress”.

SHAG #3 – Come up with a new excuse on why our children’s test scores are still so far below their peers from across the state.

Imagine the increased self-esteem our board and administration would feel if they could just successfully reach one goal – that would be, in the words of Austin Powers, “completely shag-a-delic, baby”!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that no one has commented on this post!!! I thought that it was quite funny!! The sad thing is that its the truth:(

Brenda said...

I thought it was a little funny myself; apparently you have the same warped sense of humor as I.

Anonymous said...

"Yeah, baby!!" (I couldn't resist) :)