Wednesday, September 05, 2007

PBCG still working in Unified

This morning, while having coffee with my husband and discussing the recent RUSD events, I realized that my husband did not realize that the district has not removed PBCG from the CFO and COO positions. The board statement, as reported in the press, states “it has become clear to both parties that a consultant acting in the role of COO and CFO creates a potential conflict”, but the statement does not state that their contract was terminated, only that the contract will be renegotiated.

Granted, Mr. Alioto and Mr. Dickson may no longer work within the walls of Unified, but many PBCG employees are still very much working in Central office, including Mark Lindem, the Chief Operations Officer.

I was surprised when I realized my husband thought the CFO and COO positions were no longer PBCG employees. I am wondering if they are others out there that think the same thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Honey for outing me as ignorant of the current situation at RUSD. There will be a little something extra in your birthday present this year. I was simply stating what I thought I read in several articles in the JT. I'm not about to comb over many days worth of stories to try to find what I thought I read, cause unlike you, I have better things to do. Oh wait, so do you!

Anonymous said...

This all sounds familiar to me :)

Brenda said...

I understand your confusion if you thought you had read it, what upsets me is that I KNOW I told you this.

Do you just pretend to listen to me?

Seriously??

Anonymous said...

Brenda, are you talkin' to me? Because I wasn't talking about PBCG (I know that they're still there!), and I'm not confused.

However, if you're confused, let me clarify...What sounded familiar was Mr. Report stating that you have better things to do, but yet you're engaged in RUSD drama and bloggin about it!!! I've heard similar statements from Mr. Kat... :) That's all.

Brenda said...

Oops!

No, my last comment was to to Mr.Racine...