Saturday, September 01, 2007

Breaking News - I'm Angry


This just in – I ‘m angry. After reading some of the comments attached to the recent JT article where Randy Bangs, a RUSD board member, calls for the resignations of some of his fellow board members, I am stupefied by many of the comments. I know what he did was brash, I agree - I talked about this earlier in the week, but many of the comments are uninformed and just plain stupid.

Stupid comment #1 – “As I understand it, Mr. Bangs is a stay at home father with nothing better to do.”

I won’t even address stupid comment #1, it’s just that dumb…

Stupid comment #2 – “Bangs monopolizes meetings and discussions so the work that needs to be done (work for the children of this district whom we are trying to educate) cannot even be addressed in many instances and cries foul when anyone disagrees with his vastly superior intelligence.”

Many of the occurrences that this person is referring to was Randy trying to get the board to take a closer look at the issues that needed looking at. Test scores, superintendent evaluations and contract extensions, and more importantly, a closer look at consultant contracts.

All I can say is this, you might not like Mr. Bangs’ delivery, but the message he is trying to convey is NOT wrong.


Stupid comment #3 – “Don't change your tune/vote when confronted, and don’t pass blame on others.”

When has Mr. Bangs ever changed his tune/vote?? He has been extremely consistent in his message to the public; this is something every elected board needs. He has been questioning the contracts since the day he took office, and the public records will prove that.

If these comments are any indication of the community in which I live, it’s no wonder Racine has such a problem with its self-image.

You know, people might be right after all. Racine is dumb.

No comments: