Monday, October 29, 2007

Leaving Las Vegas

I returned this morning from a weekend trip to Vegas, we took the red-eye and got home about 7:00 am. I feel like doing nothing but sleeping because I think I got a total of 6-8 hours of sleep for the entire weekend, but it appears I should probably make an appearance at tonight's RUSD board meeting.

The board MAY finally make a decision on how the elementary schools will be redistricted, recommendations for the superintendent search firm will be made, and finally, the budget will be approved. Obviously, this is not a meeting that should be missed - there is bound to be ENDLESS and painful discussion on all topics.

But having just returned from Vegas I have an idea that will make the redistricting decision easier - use a Roulette Wheel!







Bet half on Black - Redistrict by socioeconomic status.

Bet half on Red - Redistrict using neighborhood schools.

The board cannot possibly make a decision that will make the entire community happy- face it letting the Roulette Wheel make the decision for them will at least make for a shorter meeting...

No comments: