Monday, August 27, 2007

120 seconds

That’s all it took for tonight’s meeting, 120 seconds. In that very short amount of time the RUSD board approved both Dr. Hicks’ resignation and removing PBCG as the COO and CFO. Talk about anti-climatic…

They also released the long-anticipated 5 page report from the legal firm that conducted the recent audit. I’m sure I will pick this report apart for days, but here are my initial thoughts on some of their findings…

Preliminary Finding C: There was insufficient oversight for PBCG payment.

The law firm points out that “nearly all the payments were based on future estimates, which contradicts the requirement that PBCG achieve “actual savings” before it is compensated.”

Ya think?? Hey didn’t I say that over 1 year ago??

The law firm also points out that Energy Education Inc, another consulting firm hired to find savings in the district’s utility bills “contacted RUSD to initiate a relationship before PBCG began working for RUSD”. This means PBCG should not have been paid a bonus on the anticipated savings.

Wait, I think I said that over a year ago, too!

Perhaps, if the board had listened to me and others like me, the district would not have had to shell out $200,000 for an audit that states that the district’s contract “problems” stem from having little oversight for the CEO.

Ya think?

No comments: