Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's about time...

Updated at 9:06AM 8/27/07:

Nevermind, the redistricting work session has been cancelled due to the "special meeting" tonight at 7 and the "secret meeting" at 5:30.

In my never-ending quest for documented information regarding the PBCG contract, I recently visited the RUSD website. What I found was surprising, at least to me anyway. I found a notice of a scheduled work session meeting that will discuss redistricting.

My first thought was, “WHAT IS THE BOARD THINKING??? DON’T THEY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO TALK ABOUT??

(Actually that is not exactly what I was thinking, but Racine’s Report Card is a family-friendly blog, so you will have to put up with my edited version)

However, I quickly recovered and started thinking about past board actions (or should I say inactions??). As I see it, NOTHING ever gets done because important and EDUCATIONALLY BENEFICIAL decisions are always put on the back-burner as the board flits from managing one crisis to another.

(Yes, I realize this crisis may be more serious than past ones, but I digress)

Thankfully, it appears that this behavior has come to an end! Going ahead with the business at hand, while still managing the current crisis IS the right thing to do. I wholeheartedly applaud the board, and its new leadership in Mr. Baumgardt, for trying to accomplish what we, as taxpaying voters, elected them to do.

It’s about time…

No comments: