Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My thoughts on Hicks resigning

It's been a couple of days, and I think I have finally figured out exactly how I feel. I know the feeling is not "happiness" - yet it's not "sadness" either. I do, however, feel somewhat vindicated because I now have a 5 page report that validates my every thought for the last 4 years, but I find absolutely no joy in being right.

I wish I could just say "bite me" to all the people that have called me a whack-job (or even worse) for years, but I cannot. I will not be high-fiving the people on the street either. Hicks stepping down may be a reason to celebrate for some, but not for me.

He has done (possibly) irreparable damage to this district over the last 6 years, but he is not the only person to blame. The board is as guilty as Dr. Hicks, but that is a whole other story for another time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I can so relate. :(