Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bangs calls for more resignations

The Journal Times is reporting that Randy Bangs, a RUSD school board member, is calling for the resignations of some of his fellow board members. While I wholeheartedly agree that certain board members should voluntarily resign, I respectfully question his methodology.

This district is in absolute turmoil; the resignation of Hicks and the uncertainty of PBCG’s relationship in the district is certainly bad enough, isn’t asking for resignations via a newspaper article a little brash? There has got to be a more subtle way, although Bangs is not known for his subtleties.

(Of course, that is akin to the pot calling the kettle black; I am not known for my subtleties either!)

I believe that board needs to get together informally and have a little heart-to-heart with one another. I am certain after a fashion, the 9 of them can come up with one or two board members that need to “take one for the team” and resign.

No comments: