Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Does RUSD Need to Include Money for Spell Check?

You may notice that I took down the posting regarding the numerous spelling and grammatical errors I found on a referendum web page found on the RUSD website. I need to explain why I did that. Friday, the school board president called me at home to discuss my blog and this posting specifically (I guess I’m up to 7 readers now!!) . She explained that the referendum Q&A web page had been created by a student.

I am very familiar with this student; he is the only student that takes the time to come to the board meetings and share his feelings. Like most young people, he may be somewhat naïve (but then again, so was I) in thinking that he can change things with a positive message.

Out of respect for him, I took the posting down. That does not excuse the fact that NO RUSD employee bothered to double check his work before uploading it to their website.

No comments: