Monday, May 01, 2006

Who is Education Racine, Inc?

Let the ill-timed polling calls begin… Education Racine, Inc. has begun the process (again) of narrowing down what it will take to pass the June 6th RUSD referendum. I have not received any calls yet, but thought I would share with my 4 readers my friend, Pat’s experiences:

If I was wondering what rabbit RUSD was going to pull out of the hat to pass this year's referendum, I can wonder no more! This evening I received a telephone call conducting a survey regarding the June 6 referendum. The survey was trying to gauge the persuasiveness of select statements for the "Yes" argument including: the Independent Commission findings, preventing cuts that would create larger class sizes, and the ever popular cutting of sports. The survey also tried to gauge why I would vote "No" by gauging the persuasiveness of select statements for the "No" argument. These would include: “my taxes are high enough”, “I don't want to pay for teacher salaries and benefits”, and “big business controls too much in our schools”. I find the last statement somewhat intriguing considering that the survey was conducted by Forward STRATEGIES on behalf of Education Racine Inc., a “partner” of The Johnson Foundation.

Pat

No comments: