Monday, August 14, 2006

The seeds of change need to be sown

I know I’ve been neglecting this site – but I do have an excuse. I have been out of town pretty much continually since the 3rd week of July. When I am home, there are too many tasks to accomplish before leaving again. I have to admit though, even if I had been home I don’t know if I would be posting anyway; my heart just isn’t into criticizing Unified anymore. It has become too easy and not much “fun” at all.

Maybe it’s a temporary phenomenon, but kicking an organization when they are already down just seems plain mean. Maybe I liked it better when I was in the minority and most everyone else thought RUSD was on the right track…I think it’s kind of like having a favorite underground band, and then having that band make it to the mainstream.

Unlike some other critics of RUSD, I really do want to see them succeed but I know that will not happen anytime soon. I believe RUSD is simply spinning it proverbial wheels, and will not make any kind of true progress until there is a complete change in administration. We need to completely deconstruct the district and start over!

We cannot and will not change for the better when just about every decision that is made is lining the pocket of some consultant.

We need to plant the seeds of change now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »